Are you ready to share the tranquility and challenge of floating yoga with your community?
Get certified to teach SUP yoga and spread the peace and confidence that come with practicing on the water.
- Earn your American Canoe Association Level 1 SUP Instructor Certification in addition to the SUP yoga Endorsement.
- Refine your paddling skills to build strengths, balance and efficiency.
- Increase your knowledge and confidence in safety and group management skills for teaching in the outdoors.
- Learn different anchor systems so that your students experience a quality class.
- Learn pose modifications and cues specific to teaching on boards.
SUP skills you’ll learn to teach include:
- Forward stroke
- Forward and reverse sweep
- Side draw
- Stopping in a straight line
- Low brace
- Arching turn with forward momentum
- Walking around the board
- Neutral stance
- Hybrid stance
- How to fall off your board and get back on safely
Please refer to the American Canoe Association (ACA) SUP L1 Instructor Criteria and the ACA SUP Yoga Instructor Endorsement Criteria.
The course is 4 days and we start at 8:45 a.m. and run until 5:45 p.m. every day. Come prepared to spend full days paddling, learning and practice teaching!
This course is for you if
- You’re currently a certified yoga teacher with minimum 200 RYT with YA
- You’re passionate about sharing your love for SUP and SUP yoga with others.
- You’re a competent SUP paddler and have been paddling for at least 1 season.
- You love to learn and are excited about learning new skills and sharing best practices.
- Professionalism and safety is important to you.
- You understand that you must meet standards in paddling skills, group management and teaching efficacy outlined in the ACA instructor criteria in order to achieve certification.
July 8 – 11, 2022
You are responsible for ACA and SEIC membership dues, food and lodging.
Questions? Email me!