Are you ready to share the tranquility and challenge of floating yoga with your community?
Get certified to teach SUP yoga and spread the peace and confidence that come with practicing on the water.
In my SUP Yoga Teacher Trainings you have the opportunity to gain the following:
- Earn your American Canoe Association Level 1 SUP Instructor Certification.
- Refine your paddling skills to get the most out of your water time and to look and feel like a pro.
- Learn how to move around your board with ease.
- Confidence in safety and group management skills for teaching in the outdoors.
- Learn effective rescue and towing techniques.
- A greater depth of knowledge for how to effectively and safely teach and lead in the elements of wind, water, weather and waves.
- Learn about different anchor systems.
- Information share with other yoga and SUP yoga instructors regarding pose modifications and cues specific to teaching on boards.
- Experience practice teaching both SUP skills and SUP yoga.
- Skills in developing a critical eye and giving effective feedback to new students learning how to SUP.
- Learn from my 25 + years of paddling and teaching experience.
SUP skills you’ll learn to teach include:
- Forward stroke
- Forward and reverse sweep
- Side draw
- Stopping in a straight line
- Low brace
- Arching turn with forward momentum
- Walking around the board
- Neutral stance
- Hybrid stance
- How to fall off your board and get back on safely
Please refer to the American Canoe Association (ACA) SUP L1 Instructor Criteria and the ACA SUP Yoga Instructor Endorsement Criteria.
3 Day SUP Yoga Teacher Training in Asheville, NC
This training is for candidates who currently hold a minimum of RYT 200 with Yoga Alliance, but who are not yet certified as a SUP instructor.
The first two days of the course are focused on the L1 SUP Instructor Certification. The last day is the SUP yoga Endorsement. ***You must pass the L1 portion of the certification for your SUP yoga Endorsement to activate.***
We start at 8:45 a.m. and run until 5:45 p.m. every day. Come prepared to spend full days paddling, learning and practice teaching!
PLEASE NOTE: These are not a skills course! These courses are an opportunity to refine your skills and learn to teach. I request that you show up with a proficiency in the skills outlined in the ACA SUP L1 Instructor Criteria linked above.
Payment and attendance DO NOT guarantee certification. If you have any questions or concerns about this please call or email us!
July 10 – 12, 2020
Price does not include ACA instructor manual, ACA and SEIC membership dues, food or lodging.
7 Day SUP Yoga Teacher Training at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in MA
Ready to spend a week at one of the most famous yoga retreat centers in the world AND get your SUP Yoga TT Certification?
This course is half certification course, half SUP yoga retreat.
The slower pace of 7 days makes learning and integrating more effective and fun.
Enjoy the full beauty of summer in the Berkshires as we paddle and teach on Lake Mahkeenac at Kripalu.
Not only do you get the value of earning your L1 SUP Instructor Certification and SUP yoga Endorsement, but you also get access to Kripalu’s amazing daily yoga classes, lectures and evening events!
This training is ideal for those who appreciate time for processing information and who want to give themselves the highest possible opportunity to achieve certification.
The 3-day SUP yoga trainings can feel really fast and intense. In this training you get a full hour and a half lunch break and plenty of time each evening to enjoy the surrounding and all that Kripalu has to offer, including fantastic evening and morning yoga classes, kirtan and speakers.
And did I mention the food?! 🙂 Amazing!
Price includes access to Kripalu’s yoga classes and evening activities, world class training and development, Kripalu instructor manual, video review and feedback, paperwork processing. Price does not include ACA instructor manual, ACA and SEIC membership dues, food or lodging.
Book Online at Kripalu.org
One Day SUP Yoga Teacher Training
***NOTE: The one day SUP Yoga Teacher Training is NOT a stand alone course. It’s only available to those who are already ACA L1 SUP certified and hold a minimum of 200 RYT with Yoga Alliance.***
This eight hour course covers the logistics required to run successful SUP yoga classes on flatwater.
We go over different anchor systems and modifications for your class as well as optimal venue choices. Tips and tricks on gear storage during class as well as common and effective pose modifications that allow your students to have a positive and empowering experience in your class. We’ll also cover planning, group management and risk management specific to SUP yoga.
NOTE: This training can also be completed as a private one-on-one certification IF you already ACA L1 SUP certified and hold a minimum of 200 RYT with Yoga Alliance.
Please contact Anna for availability and price anna @ mindbodypaddle.com. These classes are held in Asheville, NC.