Passionate about paddling?
Ready to refine your skills and find your balance?
Maybe you want to try a combination of SUP yoga and SUP without the pressures of a group setting.
I’m here to help you learn effective technique, build safety safety knowledge, cultivate balance and have fun!
And, I’m stoked for you to come just as you are.
What you can expect:
- Strategies for transforming fear and self-doubt into confidence and powerful paddling.
- Coaching that gets you unstuck and moving forward in your paddling.
- Focus on your goals in skills and mindset without the distraction of a group.
- A supportive coach (me) cheering on your successes.
- Increased paddling confidence and courage.
- Precision in refining your paddling skills using vision and effective technique.
- Personalized attention on you.
- A coach (me) who is committed to supporting you, not judging you.
- Increased water, environment and group safety awareness.
- Fun! Did I mention fun?!
- Exploring the beautiful waterways in and around Asheville, NC.
- 30 min phone call before your day to discuss your goals, get acquainted and talk about paddling options.
- Effective, world-class SUP and SUP yoga instruction from Anna (that’s me)!
- Video review with Anna throughout the day.
- 2 – 5 minute video of you paddling with voice-0ver instruction sent to you within a week of our day together.
- Fresh, made to order lunch (I can meet any dietary need).
- Gear – paddle, board, leash, PFD, anchor are all included. You can also choose to paddle your own gear.
- 30 minute phone call 2 weeks after our day together to follow up, check-in on progress and answer questions.
Commonly Asked Questions
I’m a beginner, is private instruction right for me?
Yes, private instruction is appropriate for all skill levels.
Where do you do private instruction?
My go-to venues for private SUP instruction is Lake Julian and meandering sections of the French Broad through Asheville.
Do I really need professional instruction? My friends take me out all the time.
If you feel stuck in a rut, not fully supported by your peers or overwhelmed with fear/nerves, then I highly recommend private instruction. Your friends may be able to float, but how do you know that their advice and technique is effective? Several of my clients have had to unlearn ineffective habits passed down to them by their friends. The sooner you invest in professional instruction, the sooner you excel in SUP and meet your goals.
Am I worth the investment? It’s just paddling.
Yes you are worth it and here’s why:
It’s not ‘just stand up paddleboarding.’ How you approach the challenges of paddling is how you approach challenges in other areas of your life. If you can overcome your fear and choose courage on the water, you can do it in other areas like asking for a raise, making bold requests of friends and family, and making healthier choices.
Does paddling bring you joy? Then it’s 100% worth it. Investing in your passion is also investing in your wellbeing. When you invest in your wellbeing you invest in the wellbeing of those closest to us. If you’re feeling confident, courageous and fulfilled you’ll be in a much better position to inspire and take care of those you love most.
It’s not ‘just stand up paddleboarding,’ it’s your life!
How long is a day of private instruction?
We usually meet at 9 a.m. and finish up between 4 and 5 p.m. One-on-one coaching is intensive, and I focus on quality vs quantity. Once you’re exhausted you don’t learn anything new. We paddle and practice skills until we’ve met your goals for the day or until you’re too tired to focus and learn more. We usually spend about 3 – 4 hours of solid paddle time, not including shuttle and lunch stop.
I came feeling anxious and unsure and left feeling on top of the world! It was so wonderful to have the chance to learn from Anna.” – Liz, Ottawa, Ontario
“I always learn so much and build so much confidence in Anna’s classes. Thanks for all the support.” – Allison, ID
How do I book and schedule?
- Email me or call me (828) 505.2782 to schedule your PI
- Pay the invoice that I send you once we’ve scheduled
- Transform your kayaking into a consistent experience of power, confidence and skill.
Cost for a Day of Private Instruction with Anna Levesque:
$750.00 for one person per day
Want to invite friends along?
$1300.00 for two people per day ($650.00 per person)
$1650.00 for three people per day ($55o.00 per person)
$1800.00 for four people per day ($450.00 per per person)
Cost for a Half Day of Private Instruction
$400.00 for one person per half day (3 hours)