You love paddling, now learn to effectively share your passion with others, and earn income doing what you love!
In Anna’s American Canoe Association SUP Instructor Certification Courses you’ll learn the following:
- How to paddle with effective technique to get the most out of your water time.
- How to break down paddle strokes into simple steps that new paddlers can understand.
- How to teach and refine walking around the board.
- How to teach and refine SUP maneuvers.
- Safety protocol and group management for leading groups out on the water.
- Rescue and towing techniques.
- Technical knowledge of board, paddle and gear design and materials.
- How to teach with confidence and clarity.
- How to lead with confidence and knowledge.
- How to develop a critical coach’s eye and give feedback that empowers your students.
- How to communicate effectively on and off the water.
Specific strokes and maneuvers for L1 include:
- Forward stroke
- Forward and reverse sweep
- Side draw
- Stopping in a straight line
- Low brace
- Arching turn with forward momentum
- Walking around the board
- Neutral stance
- Hybrid stance
- How to fall off your board and get back on safely
Schedule: Each day of the course runs from 8:45 a.m. to approximately 5:45 p.m. with a half hour lunch break (working lunch). These courses are intensive. Be ready to spend all day each day learning, practice teaching, giving and receiving feedback and more.
***PLEASE NOTE: These are not a skills course! These courses are an opportunity to refine your skills and learn to teach. I request that you show up with a proficiency in the skills outlined in the ACA course curriculums for L1 and L2 and be ready to learn to teach these skills.
***Payment and attendance DO NOT guarantee certification.*** If you have any questions or concerns about this please call or email me!
L1 Certification Course
March 28 – 29, 2020 in Asheville NC
There are no reviews yet.