Passionate about paddling?
Ready to overcome your fears and become a confident and effortless paddler?
If you want instruction that goes above and beyond: ‘Just follow me’ or ‘you’ll be fine,’ or ‘you’re doing it wrong,’ then you’re in the right place.
I’m here to help you transform your kayaking into a consistent experience of power, confidence and skill.
And, I’m stoked for you to come just as you are.
What you can expect:
- Strategies for transforming fear and self-doubt into smooth lines and powerful paddling.
- Coaching that gets you unstuck and moving forward in your paddling and in your life.
- A customized skills progression unique to your skill level, confidence level and goals.
- A coach who is committed to supporting you every step of the way, not judging you.
- Fun! Did I mention fun?!
- 30 min coaching call before your day to discuss your goals, get acquainted and talk about paddling options.
- Effective, world-class kayak instruction from Anna (that’s me)!
- Video review with Anna throughout the day.
- 2 – 10 minute video of you paddling with voice-0ver instruction sent to you within a week of our day together.
- Fresh, made to order lunch (I can meet any dietary need).
- Gear – if you need any extra or want to demo a Dagger kayak.
- 30 minute coaching call 2 weeks after our day together to follow up, check-in on progress and answer questions.
Commonly Asked Questions
I’m a beginner, is private instruction right for me?
Yes, private instruction is appropriate for all skill levels.
Where do you do private instruction?
My go-to river for private whitewater kayak instruction is Section 9 of the French Broad. I can also do private instruction on other rivers in the Asheville area including the Green and Big Laurel.
For stand up paddleboarding we can go to Lake Julian or paddle different sections of the French Broad through town.
Do I really need professional instruction? My friends take me out all the time.
If you feel stuck in a rut, not fully supported by your peers or overwhelmed with fear/nerves, then I highly recommend private instruction. Your friends may be able to get down the river, but how do you know that their advice and technique is effective? Several of my clients have had to unlearn ineffective habits passed down to them by their friends. The sooner you invest in professional instruction, the sooner you excel in kayaking and meet your goals.
Am I worth the investment? It’s just paddling.
Yes you are worth it and here’s why:
It’s not ‘just kayaking.’ How you approach the challenges of paddling is how you approach challenges in other areas of your life. If you can overcome your fear and choose courage on the water, you can do it in other areas like asking for a raise, making bold requests of friends and family, and making healthier choices.
Does paddling bring you joy? Then it’s 100% worth it. Investing in your passion is also investing in your wellbeing. When you invest in your wellbeing you invest in the wellbeing of those closest to us. If you’re feeling confident, courageous and fulfilled you’ll be in a much better position to inspire and take care of those you love most.
It’s not ‘just kayaking,’ it’s your life!
How long is a day of private instruction?
We usually meet at 9 a.m. and finish up between 4 and 5 p.m. One-on-one coaching is intensive, and I focus on quality vs quantity. Once you’re exhausted you don’t learn anything new. We paddle and practice skills until we’ve met your goals for the day or until you’re too tired to focus and learn more. We usually spend about 3 – 4 hours of solid paddle time, not including shuttle and lunch stop.
I came feeling anxious and unsure and left feeling on top of the world! It was so wonderful to have the chance to learn from Anna.” – Liz, Ottawa, Ontario
“I always learn so much and build so much confidence in Anna’s classes. Thanks for all the support.” – Allison, ID
How do I book and schedule?
- Email me or call me (916) 580.9352 to schedule your PI.
- Pay the invoice that I send you once we’ve scheduled
- Transform your kayaking into a consistent experience of power, confidence and skill.
Your Investment for this program is $995 per person per day.
Have friends who want to join you? Ask me about pricing for custom groups up to 4 people.
Prefer a half day?
Your investment for a half day program is $550.00 (9 a.m. – noon or 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
Email me for availability
Private Rolling Instruction with Anna:
Get your roll and your confidence back on track! Anna assesses your roll and gets to the root of what’s not working. She uses video review as she guides your roll back to optimum technique and functionality. From November – March Anna can coach you at the UNCA pool sessions on Wed evenings in Asheville or at your private indoor pool (if you have one).
Only available in the fall/winter months during pool session hours.
- 1 hour of one-on-one coaching with Anna.
- Video review during the class.
- Video review with voice over sent to you after the session so you can refer back to it.
- 30 minute phone call 2 weeks after our day together to follow up, check-in on progress and answer questions.
“Within the space of the one-hour lesson, Anna had analyzed where I was going wrong, coached me through correcting the mechanics, explained helpful visualizations to get me picturing what my body needed to do, and I was rolling. It was incredible! The time I spent with her in the lesson was worth every penny, and more.” – Helene, Asheville, NC
How it Works
- Email me or call me (916) 580-9352 to set up your private roll session.
- Show up at the pool with your gear (UNCA does have gear you can borrow) ready to be coached.
- Learn and/or refine your roll with hands on, one-on-one coaching and video review.