“Anna is great at breaking down the fundamentals.”
“Anna has lots of skills and delivers what she knows in digestable chunks appropriate to your skill level.”
“This was my first experience whitewater kayaking, and I loved it! I felt safe and confident as a beginner on the water, knowing that with Anna I was in good hands.”
Are you ready to challenge yourself to face fears in a way that’ll leave you exhilarated and confident?
Learning to whitewater kayak takes you beyond the joy of being outside and having fun. It’s an opportunity to flex your physical and mental muscles in the face of your self-imposed limitations on and off the water.
These two days will give you a solid foundation in the basics of whitewater kayaking AND re
levant tools you can use to successfully maneuver challenges on and off the water.
And it’s REALLY fun and based in Asheville, NC!
Here’s what you can expect:
- Exceptional instruction and practical progressions from a 25 year veteran of whitewater kayaking and Instructor Trainer Educator (I train the trainers who train instructors 🙂 Learn more about me.
- All of the equipment you need (except baselayers and shoes). I provide kayak, paddle,sprayskirt,helmet and lifejacket.
- Delicious locally prepared organic lunch on the river.
- Effective support to help you move through fears and challenges that come up for you, especially when flipping upside down for the firs time 🙂
- Small class, limited to 5 students only.
- ‘Come as you are’ atmosphere – no judgement or pressure!
Results you’ll get from taking an intro to whitewater kayaking with me:
- Increased confidence on and off the water. The thrill of successfully navigating rapids shows you what’s possible in your life.
- Increased knowledge of the sport and whitewater safety.
- A basic ability to read whitewater.
- Ability to perform a wet exit, basic strokes and maneuvers.
- A big smile on your face. 🙂
As an instructor and instructor trainer educator in whitewater kayaking, I’m known for:
- Motivating people to turn obstacles into opportunities.
- Breaking down concepts into simple and practical progressions that set students up for success.
- Being a calm and patient instructor. I’m 100% present for you and for the group, and committed to having you achieve the results you came for. I have nothing else to do and nowhere else to go.
Join me for a fun weekend of adventure and confidence building on the rivers near Asheville, NC!
I’m offering one weekend of intro to whitewater only in 2019! It’s July 17 – 19 – don’t miss it!
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 30 + days before the class your deposit/payment is refundable minus a $75 cancellation fee. If you cancel within 30 days of the class your deposit is non-refundable. and can be put toward another class. Once the class starts there is no refund. *Holiday packages and early bird specials must be purchased in full at the time of registration.