Ladies! Ready to Step Up Your Creeking Game?
Welcome to the most supportive, confidence-building intensive for Class III-IV female paddlers in whitewater!
If you’ve ever experienced indecision on the river that leads to crashes and spiraling confidence, OR been so overwhelmed with fear that you’re skills deteriorate and you miss your line, OR not felt supported when your paddling buddies say: ‘just follow me,’ or ‘you’ll be fine,’ then Creek Week is for you!
Are you ready to confidently lead instead of follow on the river?
- Increased confidence leading and paddling Class III – IV creeks.
- Strategies for transforming fear and self-doubt into smooth lines and powerful paddling.
- Paddling the amazing Class III-IV creeks of WNC with supportive women.
- Coaches who are committed to supporting you, not judging you.
- Increased river and group safety awareness.
- Accommodation in a large house in the Asheville area where we can continue learning and confidence building off the water.
- Nutritious vegan dinners cooked by Anna (you can add your own non-vegan items).
- A la carte breakfast items (breakfast food will be supplied for you to make your own – unless you want to eat Anna’s oatmeal or quinoa cream).
- River lunch that includes wraps or sandwiches with organic ingredients that can be made to suit dietary restrictions.
- Transport to and from river.
- Exceptional paddling instruction.
- Video review of paddling skills.
- Each participant will have her own bedroom and will be in a specific pod of 2-3 for sharing a bathroom.
- Health screenings daily.
- Masks will be worn in the common areas of the house and we will try to eat and hang out outside as much as possible.
- We will practice social distancing on and off the water.
- Shuttles and transport to the rivers will be driven with masks on and windows cracked.
- If you cannot abide by these Covid protocols then Creek Week isn’t the right program for you.
Commonly Asked Questions
What rivers do you run on Creek Week?
The itinerary is always subject to change due to rain, lack of rain, changing water levels and skill levels. Rivers we commonly run are Upper Green, Big Laurel, Wilson Creek, North Fork of the French Broad and the bottom rapids of the Narrows of the Green that includes the following rapids: Little Blackwater Falls, Baby Sunshine, Toilet Bowl and Hammer Factor. We like to repeat at least one of these rivers and make that choice based on water levels and group skill.
Who are the coaches?
The coaching team is always lead by me (Anna Levesque). Jill Wrenn, Jennifer Stockwell, Anne Sontheimer and TBA.
Do I need to be a Class IV boater to join?
The goal of Creek Week is to build up to, and gain confidence in Class IV. You don’t need to already be a Class IV boater to join, but you do need to have the willingness to challenge yourself at that level. It’s important that you feel comfortable on Class III and have a solid combat roll in Class III.
We start out on Class III rivers like the Upper Green and Big Laurel to give you the most effective progression for both skills and empowering mindset.
NOTE: If you book into this course I’m assuming that you’re confident and comfortable paddling and combat rolling in class III whitewater. I ask that you take responsibility in correctly and realistically assessing your own skill level. After the course has started if I determine that you do not meet the above requirements Mind Body Paddle is not obligated to offer easier alternatives that split the group up (for safety reasons), nor is Mind Body Paddle obligated to refund any part of the course fee.
How many women are in the class?
Creek Week is designed to be small, intimate and effective. Our maximum group size is 6 participants with 2 coaches. When we paddle the bottom rapids on the Narrows of the Green we bring in a 3rd coach for additional safety and coaching. You receive excellent personal attention.
How many hours per day to we paddle?
We ask that you have the physical and mental stamina to paddle at a high level for between 4 to 6 hours per day. We leave the house at approximately 8
:30 a.m. every morning and will return between 5 and 6 p.m.
What boat should I paddle?
I require that you paddle a creek boat. This is a creeking intensive and it’s important that you paddle in a suitable boat that reduces the risk of injury to you, the group, and the coaches. Remember, we’re all in this together and it’s important when we’re paddling at a high level to not only think about our own ability and safety, but also the safety of the entire group.
Slicey boats will not be permitted – if you’re attached to creeking in your slicey boat then Creek Week isn’t the right intensive for you.
Do you have a creek boat I can use?
Yes, I have Dagger Nomad S and M sizes. I have a limited demo fleet so it’s first come, first serve. After you register, send me an email to reserve your kayak. If you register late and the fleet is already reserved I can point you in the right direction to rent a boat for the week.
When is the best time to register?
Because of the small group size and frequency (I only run it once per year), this intensive fills quickly. My suggestion is to register as soon as you know you want to commit.
Will Creek Week really make a difference for my paddling?
If you’re ready to challenge yourself and be coachable then I can guarantee that Creek Week will transform your paddling and empower you. But don’t take my word for it. I’ve included testimonials from past participants below.
“One of the best paddling weeks of my life!” – Nathalie Griffith, MN
“Anna’s Creek Week was the key step in transforming my kayaking to the next level.” – Laura Resch, CO
“You helped challenge us physically, mentally and emotionally and we are better paddlers because of it. Thank you so much for an amazing week!” – Shanna and Aamie, WA
Got other questions? Email me and I’m happy to answer them!
Creek Week 2021 Dates
April 12 – 16, 2021 – 1 spot left
April 26 – 30, 2021 – 1 spot left
Email me to pay a 50% deposit and pay in installments.
$2400 if you pay in full in one payment CLICK HERE TO REGISTER and save $100