Are you tired of feeling tired, overwhelmed and stuck? Would you like to experience greater vitality and capacity to live a life you love?
Your diet and lifestyle choices may be keeping your nervous system stuck on high or low, leading to anxiety, depression, fear and dis-ease in the body and mind.
In this fall retreat, Sommerville and Anna use their unique insights and experience to help you uncover the blind spots in your diet, lifestyle and thought patterns that are keeping you stuck in negative cycles both physically and mentally.
Learn strategies and practices that will re-ignite your spark for life and help you feel confident in body and mind.
Fall Retreat Themes
- How to ground yourself during the busyness of the upcoming Holiday season.
- How to cook warm, nourishing and practical meals for fall season.
- Calming anxiety and worry, and cultivating peace of mind and confidence.
- Standing your ground, setting boundaries and knowing yourself confidently and courageously.
- Healthy habits that stick.
- Clarity on what you want.
- The confidence to say yes to what you want and no to tasks and people that you don’t align with what you want.
- The ability to shift negative thought patterns and behaviors into positive action.
- Increased peace and happiness.
- Science based intro to the nervous system and what a healthy system looks like.
- Intro to mindfulness practices to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Learn how to use opposite thought, emotion and action to propel you in an upward spiral of positivity, productivity and love.
- Intro to Ayurvedic diet, lifestyle and circadian rhythm strategies for a grounded, calm and joyful fall season.
- Intro to meditation.
- 2 morning yoga classes.
- Guided hike at Tsali.
- 7 healthy, nourishing, and easy to digest plant-based meals cooked by Anna.
- Private room with shared bath in a beautiful mountain cabin.
- Packed lunch for Sunday hike.
- Take home self-care plan customized to you.
How it Works
- Register by November 8, 2021
- Receive a welcome email.
- Show up and participate fully.
- Feel more grounded, peaceful and healthy.
- All participants must be vaccinated.
- We will practice social distancing and every participant has their own room.
- Enhanced prep and cleaning protocols around cooking and mealtimes.
- Social distancing and mask wearing when we circle up indoors.
Sound awesome?! Don’t take our word for it, here’s what participants had to say:
” Anna and Sommerville helped me see how even small changes to my lifestyle can help me become the best version of myself.” – Jill W
“Impressive, educational, rewarding, practical.” – Linda C
“Truly one of the most meaningful things I’ve done for me – and others – in a long time. So grateful!” – Joy
Watch the video and hear why Linda Coad, CPA attended the retreat three times!
The Fall Wellness Retreat Schedule
Dinner 6 p.m.
Opening Circle 7:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Yoga with Sommerville 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.Begin to tune into the language of your body, listening to what it has to say. In this morning yoga session you will be invited to track your body and your breath through gentle flow interspersed with yin style poses as you wake up and orient to the day.
Breakfast 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Workshop with Sommerville 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Sommeville will teach the functioning of the autonomic nervous system as it relates to the stress response, trauma, and resilience. You will also acquire tools, like Mindfulness practices, that help to activate the parasympathetic nervous system, calming the body to enhance a sense of strength and peace throughout your daily life.
Cooking class and lunch with Anna 11:45 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Spices and Ayurvedic ingredients demystified! Learn how to cook a delicious and nutritious meal for fall and winter season that has all 6 tastes according to Ayurveda.
Workshop with Anna 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Now that you know how your nervous system works, Anna introduces practical strategies based in Ayurveda that help you grow your stress resilience and develop a healthy response to stress. Research shows that 7 out of the 10 leading causes of death are due to poor diet and lifestyle choices. Anna introduces you to how Ayurveda works and teaches you how to make daily choices that boost your immunity, improve your energy and align you with your highest and best health.
Integration and Journaling Time 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Dinner 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Guided relaxation and intro to bedtime routine 8 p.m.
Grounding Yoga for Fall Season with Anna 7:30 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
The variability of fall season, known as Vata season according to Ayurveda, can increase our susceptibility to stress and anxiety. This is the season where grounding, standing strong and steadiness are most needed. This gentle alignment-based class will help you feel calm, grounded and empowered.
Breakfast 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Check out of cabin 10:30 a.m. and head to an easy hiking trail in the area for lunch, walking, and a workshop with Sommerville on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (how to incorporate opposite thought, action and behavior).
Examining the relationship between your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, Sommerville will guide you as you practice expanding your choices in all realms, by using attention and intention in small everyday choices.
Connecting with nature is part of feeling grounded, at peace and remembering who you really are. We take a mindful hike in the woods surrounded by beautiful fall colors and sounds. During this hike we’ll stop for lunch (packed), do some mindfulness practices, revisit what we’ve learned and you’ll create your custom self-care action plan to help you build on the momentum you’ve created over the weekend.
Closing Circle 4 p.m.
November 12 – 14, 2021
Beautiful cabin in the mountains of Western North Carolina near Bryson City.
“This retreat was the impetus for a lot of positive change in my life. Changes I may not have made if I hadn’t started here.” – Tara
“Thank you so much for this past weekend! It was absolutely awesome!!” – Cheri