Concerned when you see new paddlers being given misinformation or lead into bad experiences by ineffective instructors and leaders?
Ready to share your passion for kayaking and make a real difference for people?
I’m here to help you:
- Become a confident leader in Class III whitewater.
- Develop the mindset to lead by setting boundaries AND being compassionate.
- Be able to effectively perform and teach technical skill at the highest level in up to Class III whitewater.
- Cultivate tools to help you and your students acknowledge and overcome fear.
- Gain greater awareness on safety and risk management.
- Practice effective teaching to different learning styles and skill levels.
- Learn effective stretching and yoga for paddling to increase kayaking longevity.
- How to run a successful paddlesports business based on service to others.
- Follow your passion and inspire others.
- Attain ACA L4 Whitewater Kayaking Instructor Certification.
Not all instructor certification courses are equal. I’m proud of my 25 years of experience as a freestyle and extreme race athlete, trip leader, instructor, author, coach and passionate whitewater enthusiast. Want to learn more about my background? Click here.
Here is a link to ACA requirements and expectations for L4 Whitewater Kayaking: http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.americancanoe.org/resource/resmgr/sei-courses/l4_wwk_skills.pdf
NOTE: Payment and attendance DO NOT guarantee certification.
Questions? Click here to email me!
2021 Course Dates TBA
** I’ve decided to cancel all instructor certification courses for the 2020 season due to Covid-19. At this time I don’t feel that it’s possible to ensure the health and safety of participants given the hands-on rescues that need to be taught and demonstrated for certification. I’m committed to leading high quality trainings and look forward to being back in 2021!***