You love paddling, now learn to effectively share your passion with others, and earn income doing what you love!
In Anna’s American Canoe Association SUP Instructor Certification Courses you’ll learn the following:
- How to paddle with effective technique to get the most out of your water time.
- How to break down paddle strokes into simple steps that new paddlers can understand.
- How to teach and refine walking around the board.
- How to teach and refine SUP maneuvers.
- Safety protocol and group management for leading groups out on the water.
- Rescue and towing techniques.
- Technical knowledge of board, paddle and gear design and materials.
- How to teach with confidence and clarity.
- How to lead with confidence and knowledge.
- How to develop a critical coach’s eye and give feedback that empowers your students.
- How to communicate effectively on and off the water.
Specific strokes and maneuvers for L1 include:
- Forward stroke
- Forward and reverse sweep
- Side draw
- Stopping in a straight line
- Low brace
- Arching turn with forward momentum
- Walking around the board
- Neutral stance
- Hybrid stance
- How to fall off your board and get back on safely
Specific strokes and maneuvers for L2 include all of L1 above +
- Nose draw
- Cross nose draw
- High brace
- Heel side cross tail low brace
- Pivot turn
- Cross step
- Combination of these strokes and moving around the board performed smoothly through buoy turns
- Canted stroke
- Sculling side draw
- Side slip
Schedule: Each day of the course runs from 8:45 a.m. to approximately 5:45 p.m. with a half hour lunch break (working lunch). These courses are intensive. Be ready to spend all day each day learning, practice teaching, giving and receiving feedback and more.
***PLEASE NOTE: These are not a skills course! These courses are an opportunity to refine your skills and learn to teach. I request that you show up with a proficiency in the skills outlined in the ACA course curriculums for L1 and L2 and be ready to learn to teach these skills.
***Payment and attendance DO NOT guarantee certification.*** If you have any questions or concerns about this please call or email me!
L1 Certification Course
March 28 – 29, 2020 in Asheville NC
SUP L1 + SUP Yoga Endorsement
April 3 – 5, 2020 at the USNWC in Charlotte, NC
L1/L2 Certification Course
May 1 – 3, 2020 Raleigh Parks and Rec
Hire Anna to Train Your Staff!
Anna is an Instructor Trainer Educator for the ACA and has 25 years paddling experience. Learn more about Anna’s experience. She’s available to come to your program and lead an instructor certification course for your staff.
She’s lead classes for the following organizations:
- Columbus Parks and Rec, OH
- Mecklenburg Parks and Rec, NC
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, MA
- Camp Carolina, NC
- French Broad River Academy, NC
- Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
- Active Southern West Virginia, WV
- Arkansas Canoe Club, AR
- James Island County Parks, SC
Please contact her for more information about teaching for you.
Looking for SUP Yoga Teacher Trainings! I’ve got you covered. Please visit this link!