You’re excited to leave 2020 behind, but do you even know what you want in 2021?
When was the last time you asked yourself what you really want out of life? Or, what life wants from you?
You may be one of the folks who told me that 2020 has allowed for a lot of contemplation.
If instead your year was full of doing or avoiding or resisting, this time between the Winter Solstice and the new calendar year can be a powerful time for reflection and clarity. The Solstice marked the return of the light outside and inside of us.
How are you going to use your inner light to create the life you want in the coming year?
If you’re not sure, I’ve got 4 steps to help you get clear on what’s important to you and create more of it in your life.
4 steps to clarity and the life you want in 2021
1. Go into nature. Set aside at least 45 minutes to stroll in a place where you can connect with the trees, birds, a running stream, lake or the ocean. Take your time. Don’t rush. Breathe deep. I even use riding the chairlift while skiing, and the quiet flat pools while kayaking as space for pondering.
2. Ask yourself this one question. Gently, not in a demanding tone. What is important to me?
3. Listen for the answers. Any answer or whisper. Don’t judge what comes up. Keep all possibilities open.
4. When you arrive home, get comfy and journal what came up for you. Write it all down without limiting yourself. Remember, this is about possibility.
5. Take one action asap that supports you in creating more of what’s important to you in your life. That could be making time in your calendar to write, paddle, bike etc… It could mean picking up the phone and calling someone who can help and support you. Maybe you register for that class/program you’ve been wanting to do. The important thing is to not wait until after the new year to get started, start now, when you are clear and have touched your spark!
If you want more strategies on getting clear about what’s important to you, and then taking action, I invite you to join my Winter Wellness Circle. Some folks like to compartmentalize their health from their mindset, and their mindset from adventure and so on. I assure you that these elements are all connected and intertwined. It’s hard to get clarity of mind when your body feels like crap. It’s also difficult to maintain a healthy body when your mind is anxious and depressed. Similarly, when you never ignite your spark for adventure, your mind and body can become dull. In the Winter Wellness Circle we take it all on and keep your spark bright!