Are you feeling the heaviness of defeat, overwhelm and self-doubt?
Want some relief?
Try Warrior II, a powerful pose that helps you tap into your courage and your confidence.
It also has practical physical benefits of cultivating strength in the legs and opening in the hips.
Here’s how to get into the pose:
- Stand at the front of your mat with your feet sitz bones apart.
- Step your left leg back about one leg length.
- Lower your back heel to the ground so that the entire back foot is on the mat. This will require you slightly turning your back foot out. Press the outer edge of your back foot into the floor strongly.
- Inhale your arms up to shoulder height and extend through your fingertips.
- Bend your front knee until your knee is in-line with your front ankle, while continuing to press down through the back foot.
- Gaze past your front hand.
- Hold for 3 – 5 deep and easy breaths.
- Repeat on other side.
As you’re holding the pose notice the sensations and feelings in your body and mind. Be present with being courage and confidence. Take that into the rest of your day.
Photo credit: Scott Martin Images