This February, we at Girls At Play have decided to expand our vision from the romantic relationship focus of Valentine’s Day to something a bit bigger. We are launching our Share the Love Challenge! With so much going on in our personal lives and in the world, we think it’s time we reach out and connect to those in our lives who could use a little more love. The living of our lives is in the relationships and connection with people. It’s time to give of ourselves so that others may be empowered, lifted up and know human compassion and connectedness.
Here’s the deal:
- Discover how you can show the love to another person or group.
- Go out and take action!
- Upload your pics and share your stories on our Facebook page throughout the month.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Volunteer at your local homeless shelter or food bank.
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter or donate blankets or pet food.
- Pay it forward by paying for coffee, food, etc. for the person in line behind you.
- Babysit for a friend or relative so they can have a night out.
- Write and deliver a letter of gratitude to a person who has made a difference in your life.
- Every day, compliment the first three people you meet.
- Pick up trash along your local waterway or in your neighborhood.
- Donate blood. One pint of blood can save up to three lives.
- If you know someone is sick, take them soup, tea, etc.
- The next time you buy a meal, buy an extra one and give it to a homeless person.
We’ll check in with you via Facebook periodically to see how it’s going. We know the Girls At Play community is full of generous and compassionate people who make differences in the lives others – let’s Share the Love!