Congratulations! You’ve just done a really hard thing!
You now have more freedom and lightness in body and mind BECAUSE of discipline. Who knew right?!
If you want to continue being courageous, making powerful choices and keeping the amazing feeling of clarity, renewed taste buds and lightness you have now, here are some resources for you.
Affirm to yourself that self-care and investing in yourself aren’t selfish or indulgent, they’re acts of empowerment, courage and confidence! Woot!
Yes, I do have to put that in bold because as women we’re taught otherwise. 🙂
Maintain your morning routine.
Check in with yourself when you crave something. What is the underlying emotion? And after you eat, how does your body feel?
Avoid the following foods for another few days, or for as long as you are committed to. If you do eat them please do it slowly and mindfully:
- Dairy – including yogurt.
- Refined sugar (honey and maple syrup are OK)
- Excess salt
- Deep fried foods
- Processed foods
- Refined cooking oils
Enjoy these foods:
- Veggies!! Especially veggies that are in season like dandelion greens! Eat the rainbow – don’t just choose one veggie with your meal, but at least 3 of 3 different colors.
- Whole grains such as rice, quinoa, barley, millet, amaranth, oats.
- Lentils – they are very good for your gut microbiome if you can digest them.
- Kitchen spices according to the season – think warming spices – we used a lot of them this week! Ginger is always an amazing spice for spring, as is cinnamon.
- Think about your plate or bowl being 50% veggies, 25% grains and 25% protein. This is a good rule of thumb. Also, eat the rainbow when it comes to veggies!
Get to know your Dosha and the qualities of each season by taking my Dosha Quiz Here! It’s still a work in progress in terms of colors and layout so I’d love your feedback! Also, I’d love to hear what you’re Dosha is 🙂 Feel free to share this quiz with friends and family too!
My favorite Ayurvedic cookbooks to use up all of your leftover spices!
- Everyday Ayurveda Cookbook by Kate O’Donnell
- Everyday Ayurveda for a Calm, Clear Mind by Kate O’Donnell
- Vishnu’s Kitchen by Vishnu Das
- Eat Feel Fresh by Sahara Rose Ketabi
My favorite books on Ayurveda:
- The Three Season Diet by John Douillard
- Prakriti by Dr. Robert Svoboda
- Change your Schedule, Change your Life by Dr. Suhas
Other Helpful Book Recommendations:
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Fiber Fueled by Will Bulsiewicz
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- The Choice by Edith Eger
- The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Yoga for Paddling by Anna Levesque 🙂
Join the Spring/Summer Wellness Circle
Maintain the healthy habits you’ve cultivated this week in a group setting with lots of support to breeze through the transition from spring to summer. Keep up with the lightness and clarity you have now and learn how to transfer that into vitality for all the fun summer stuff! Here’s the link to info and to register.
BONUS: When you regsiter you’ll receive a complimentary one-on-one 30 minute coaching call with me to ask me as many questions as you like! Or gain more insight/knowledge about your Dosha.
Work with me 1:1
If you want a plan and accountability tailored to your Dosha and your current imbalance, I offer 90 days, 6 months and 1 year coaching programs. I can help you go beyond what you’ve accomplished this week with consistent action and accountability over time. Here’s the link to more information, or email me and let’s chat about your goals and lay out a plan.